Sewing

Sew Over It Molly Top

It’s been another bumpy few weeks here one way or another and I wasn’t able to get much sewing done for a while, but I’m now getting stuck into my Rosa Shirt Dress (it’s going so much better than I expected!!!) and last week I made my Sew Over It Molly Top 😊

I’m not entirely sure about the Molly Top to be honest, I made the smallest size and still had to take it in quite a bit at the sides to get the kind of fit that I prefer and the neck is sitting a bit weird, so I might have to take the neckband off and do it again.

My Molly Top
The pattern went together fairly quickly/easily and the instructions in the Comic Relief Crafternoon Mag were pretty clear. I was puzzled by the seam allowances being left unfinished/trimmed and just pressed open though and I ended up overlocking my side seams to tidy up the mess I’d made taking it in anyway 😂

I don’t think I like the style enough to make my owl print dress from it, but I’ll have another go at the top at some point. I’ve seen some lovely Molly tops, so probably just need to pay around with it a bit and I do really like how it’s looked over a rollneck today 😊

For now I’m enjoying putting my shirt dress together though and am really pleased with how that’s going 😊

Advertisements