Sewing

My First Agnes Top

It’s been a rough few weeks one way or another and I’ve not had much time/energy for sewing, but I did manage to finish my first Tilly and the Buttons Agnes Top this week 😊

The neckline seems to sit a bit wide on me, with the risk of occasionally flashing a bra strap, which isn’t ideal 🙄 but I’m wondering if that’s down to the extremely soft/flimsy jersey I used. My neckband also turned out thinner than expected and I have no idea why haha 😂 so perhaps that’s contributed?

The shoulders sit exactly in the right place anyway, so hopefully a thicker jersey and better neckband will resolve that issue on the next one 😊

The pattern is, as with all of Tilly’s, an absolute delight to use and the instructions are very clear. I also used her online workshop, as I bought that last summer, which was great. I found the section on attaching the neckband especially helpful, as I’d never done that before, and will definitely refer back to it when I try the gathered neckline 😊

Me in my Agnes Top

I also finally hemmed my stepdaughters Colette Mabel Skirt this week and am really pleased with how it’s turned out – not at all bad for my first attempt at adjusting a pattern 😊 and I actually managed to sew a presentable hem!!! Using Wonder Tape to get/hold it in the right place while I sewed it really helped 😊

Colette Mabel Skirt

I’m now working on my first Named Clothing Paola Top and have Geneva cut out and ready to go too 😊

Advertisements